There have been a few stories the past couple of days about lawmakers trying to pass a “fetal personhood” bill in Virginia. Now if you know me personally or have read any of my past posts, you know that abortion rights are something that I’m pretty morally conflicted on. I believe that human…
I’m proud to call this woman my sorority sister.
when my parents try to make me do chores when I come home from school
I would be in Hufflepuff.
My dearest sisters! If you’re a Delta Gamma, please reblog this. I want to follow every one of my beautiful sisters <3
Need to get back on Tumblr with something resembling regularity. Book blog? Thoughts?
My State of Mind….
Ten Minutes Before LAST PAPER OF UNDERGRAD Was Due:
Turning In Paper:
Immediately After Turning In Paper:
PhotoDiary Day #3: Wednesday, April 20, 2011
- Breakfast : I’m beginning to notice a bit of a theme…my days tend to start with some sort of chocolate treat. I would like to clarify, though, that I didn’t eat the entire thing this morning. I found this in my stocking on Christmas morning, and forgot about it until I went home last weekend. I ate about 3/4 of it then, wrapped up the rest and stuck in my purse for later…which turned out to be this morning. Cookies and cream flavor…delicious. Oh, fun fact: Cadbury chocolate sold in the US is made by Hershey’s, and it’s not nearly as good as the stuff they sell in the UK.
- Lunch and Snack : Cheeseburgers for lunch today. Today I refilled my water bottle from one of the drink dispensers by the buffet (they’re always filled w/ water, tea, and two kinds of lemonade) instead of the sink, so my water had a subtle hint of lemon. The PopTarts on the right served as my snack during seminar (but I only ate a little bit then b/c the cheeseburger was surprisingly filling) and later on as part of my dinner; baked tilapia was on the menu, and I’m not to crazy about fish. Fortunately for me, one of my sisters stopped by my room and asked if I wanted to join her on a…
- WalMart Run - $16.25 : So convenient and cheap, at least compared to the other options open to college students in Greencastle who have rely on transport friends and sorority sisters to get anywhere farther than the edge of campus in a timely fashion. And I really did need more laundry detergent, and something other than PopTarts, omlettes or Ramens for dinner, so spending money in this instance is completely justified. Still, it’s hard not to wonder what my savings probably cost somebody else.
- Birthday Cake : One of my sisters had a birthday, and her mom sent the house a cake to celebrate. This was all that was left of it about an hour and a half after Emily made the first cut. It was all chocolate and icing and tasted like it had no nutritional value whatsoever. I loved it : ) I did feel a bit guilty for using a plastic disposable fork and small styrofoam plate to eat it, though. I should’ve gone to the kitchen and gotten one of the silverware forks, or at least one of the paper plates…come to think of it, I use a lot of those paper plates…at least three each day. We’ve talked to our House Mom about switching to completely biodegradable disposable dishes, but apparently there’s too expensive.
- Dinner: Before & After : I’ve been craving Indian food for a while now, so I was happy that the Amy’s Palak Paneer was on sale. Allegedly all-organic and super healthy, it was spicy in a way that was flavorful but not scorching. It went perfectly with half a glass of milk and the usual tea.